Why working in the public sector might be of interest to you!
One of my favourite things about my role, well my career to be honest; is the opportunity to do Educational Outreach type activities. In the last few years especially I’ve been asked a few times to speak to Students (both Sixth form or University students) about why working in Digital might be of interest to them.
As we’re just coming out of a pandemic, and lots of students have missed out on opportunities to do work experience, or listen to guest speakers due to social distancing etc. I thought it might be useful if I made my most recent talk available. This talk was for Sixth form students at Salfords Future Skills Hub
In the slides below, I discuss things like:
- Pathways into working in Digital
- Why the public sector might be interesting for you to work in and why you should consider it
- Thing to consider when thinking about your career
- Salaries when you are starting out and what your earning potential could be
- Hot to connect with people and speaking confidently
- How to interview well